De Zwarte Hond is hiring a landscape architect/designer to join its team in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
De Zwarte Hond is a design practice with a team of 100+ people based in Groningen, Rotterdam and Cologne. Our expertise combining architecture, urban design and research is an asset to every assignment and each urban-regional context. Working across the full scope of a project from design to realisation, we are committed to ensuring the end result is as ambitious and appealing as it was intended.
Merging social engagement and design/craftsmanship, we aim to make a positive contribution to the Netherlands and Germany. We design and consult on projects across all scales from interiors to entire regions. Our work with architecture and urban design counts among the best Dutch practices. Currently our ambition is to expand nationally and internationally.
For our office in Rotterdam we are looking to recruit an: landscape architect (32-40 hrs)
Qualifications and skills:
- degree in urban design (MSc) or landscape architecture (MSc) from a technical university, Wageningen University, Academy of Architecture or equivalent, with a strong affinity with architecture
- minimum five years professional experience in a similar role
- proficient in Vectorworks, SketchUp, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, AutoCAD
- knowledge of QGIS or other GIS software and ArchiCAD is a plus
- understanding of public space across multiple scales: from a detailed urban setting to the macro level of a city
- relevant knowledge in the areas of: climate adaptation (water management, vegetation, downpours, drought, heat stress); energy (heating and electricity, transport, storage, generation); mobility (pedestrian, bicycle, public transport, cars, stations, parking); public life (plinths, place, materials and finishes)
- you are assertive, proactive and have excellent communication skills
- you are able to work independently as well as part of a team
- you live in the Rotterdam area
- fluent in Dutch and preferably English, German is a plus
As part of the urban design team you will work closely with external landscape architects and companies, and internally with the urban design and architecture teams at all three offices. Your work spans the full scope of a project from research and preliminary design to construction.
In return we offer:
- a dynamic and creative work environment
- a dedicated, professional and ambitious team
- salary according to market standards with good benefits and pension
- good opportunities to explore your own initiatives and self-development.
Are you interested to join our team? Please send a motivation letter (maximum one A4 page) and a concise CV (PDF) to Leonie van der Veen by clicking the ‘apply’ button below.
Deadline for application is 10 July 2020.
No agencies please.