Delvendahl Martin has an opportunity for an office manager to join its London practice.
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated person to help us in running our growing architecture studio in Bow, London.
The part-time position requires a combination of skills to cover organisational and administrative tasks, as well as assisting with the process of bidding for new work and publicising the practice.
The ideal candidate is responsible, highly organised, confident and will be able to impart previous experience in proposing solutions, establish control systems, planning ahead and swiftly learn the specific needs of the practice and its people to keep the studio running smoothly. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Key tasks include
- answering incoming calls, courier and postal services
- liaising with the partners and staff to organise diaries
- ordering stationery and materials samples
- managing social events
- ensure that the studio space maintains a high standard of tidiness and complies with statutory obligations
- liaise with IT and printing providers
Bookkeeping and financial:
- bookkeeping data-entry, timesheet management, invoicing and liaising with accountants
- managing online accountancy programme
- assisting with production of fee proposals, payment schedules, forecasts and accounts
- organising the filing system and image library
- prepare and edit documents, reports and letters
- update and maintain contacts database
- maintain company policies and procedures up to date
- prepare office meeting minutes
- managing HR and recruitment
- maintain and review subscriptions, bills and insurances
Marketing and PR (optional):
- prepare and maintain contents of website, blog and social media platforms
- assist in preparing expressions of interest and awards submissions
- prepare press packs and material for publishing
IT proficiency is expected, including a solid knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Word and Excel. Knowledge of Xero is beneficial. A prompt start would be advantageous.
This is a part-time position, ideally Monday to Friday, five hours a day.
Please send us an email with a CV and a covering letter stating your salary expectations using the ‘apply ‘link below.