Design Coalition is looking for a senior project designer to join its studio in Essex, UK.
The ideal candidate should have a background in delivering projects within the hospitality sector and an understanding of the construction process. They will be competent at taking a brief and delivering a design that meets the needs and deadline of the project.
As a project designer for design coalition, you will play an important role with assisting the design team in the delivery of drawing packages for all projects. This role will specifically be involved with bar, restaurant and hotel projects throughout the UK.
Competencies for the role:
- a background in delivering projects within the hospitality sector
- proficient with the use of AutoCAD
- extensive technical knowledge and substantial site experience
- good understanding of the construction process and current statutory regulations
- strong time keeping skills and have confidence in working in demanding environments
- an excellent eye for detail
- ability to take instructions and deliver effectively to the brief
- strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work well in a team
- driving the delivery of projects from inception to completion
- preparation of programmes of work, scopes of work and deliverables schedules
- preparation of costings and proposals for project changes
- project performance monitoring data/documentation
- reporting to directors on progress and performance
- assist in the issuance of drawings when required
- review and coordinate drawing packages
- liaise with contractors, specialists and consultants when required
- manage project filing as per the office procedures and requirements
- ensure drawings comply with statutory regulations
- attend site visits and progress/project meetings
- demonstrate an innovative approach to design and be confident in working on a number of projects at any one time
- creative and inquisitive in applying and developing design
- ability to maintain a high level of detail and a thorough work ethic
- competent with the administrative aspects of design and construction
- confident and engaging
- adaptable, flexible, and comfortable working within a team structure
- a team player who is passionate and creative
To apply, please submit your CV with work examples and covering letter using the ‘apply’ link below.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom