Design Squared Architects is seeking an office manager to join its team in London.
Design Squared Architects are a small, close-knit practice in south east London, working primarily on residential projects. Established in 2007, we have successfully completed over eight hundred projects and has developed an extensive portfolio.
At Design Squared Architects, we provide a broad spectrum of services and take projects from conception through to completion. We also offer a range of complementary services, including party wall surveying, 3D modelling and contract administration.
We are looking for an organised and proactive office manager to join our team, who will work closely with our director and associates to ensure the smooth running of the office. The successful candidate will need to have experience in a similar position, ideally in an architecture practice and will need exceptional organisation and time-keeping skills. You will be sole administrator for the company and will be providing support across all aspects of the business including finance, marketing, and project support.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- answering inbound enquiries via phone and email
- welcoming clients and guests to the office, keeping the studio well-stocked and ensuring the general upkeep of the office
- managing stationary, sundries and cleaning orders for the office
- managing the studio diary and coordinating meetings and surveys for the team
- finance management – coordinating payments, overseeing budgets, cashflow, issuing invoices, creating monthly forecasts, processing expenses and working closely with the accountants to coordinate HMRC payments, management accounts and monthly payroll
- project support – assisting the team with creating and issuing project documentation, creating tender issue letters, liaising with contractors and compiling reports
- HR management – recording staff annual leave and sick leave, coordinating new business – first point of contact for all new business enquiries, coordinating phone calls/consultations and chasing leads
- marketing – managing press enquiries and social media updates, managing the Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn account to promote the business
- website management – monitoring and updating the website on a regular basis
- point of contact for external consultants, including IT support, legal consultants, fire risk, insurance and accountants etc.
- liaising with the studio’s third-party insurers, accountants, and legal team when necessary
- coordinating CPDs for the team
- organising and coordinating regular team socials and events
- this is a varied and rewarding role, ideal for a candidate who can work to deadlines and has strong interpersonal skills. The candidate will have at least five years’ experience in a similar role with a strong knowledge of MS Office, Adobe and InDesign
As a relatively small practice, the chosen candidate will be provided with the opportunity to play a key role in the continued growth of the company.
Salary: £25,000 – £35,000 p.a. based on experience.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send through your up to date CV and your salary expectations using the ‘apply’ link below.
If you have any questions, please contact us on 0207 7397287.