London, United Kingdom
About The Collective:
We are The Collective, a community of creative thinkers with big ambitions and curious minds.
We’re a community-based membership company with properties and spaces across London. Launching the world’s largest and the UK’s only co-living building in May 2016, The Collective Old Oak, we aim to disrupt the property market in a big way.
Founded in 2010 by our CEO Reza Merchant while at university, we initially offered houseshares but soon saw an opportunity to truly add value to the lives of people like us. Combining inspirational spaces with community and convenience, we’re dedicated to unlocking a better lifestyle for the ambitious and the curious through co-living, events, spaces, co-working and more. We have built and currently manage a number of serviced living, co-living and coworking spaces in London but our ambitions are global. We aim to have a network across the globe, wherever we can add value to the lives of our members.
Working at The Collective means becoming part of the community -- we’re a young, close-knit team who aren’t afraid to roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty, but we also enjoy our time together. We do things differently, so we’re looking for people who are courageous enough to challenge the status quo and break boundaries with us.
Being part of The Collective community means we care about your personal development and growth too, with a heavy focus on training and growing responsibilities within the business.
So if you want to join what GQ rated as the Number two “Best Thing in the World Right Now” for 2016 (we’re coming for you next year, Drake) - join The Collective!
About the role:
We require a middleweight designer to lead visual communications for The Collective and other relevant brands. This means owning visual communications, brand identity and guidelines. It’s about delivering next level communications, not just great layout or design.
Ensuring the brand is rolled out to a consistently high standard that creates the right emotional connection with the brand and messaging.
This will cover a broad variety of output from web design, to brochures, presentations, signage and everything in between!
We are looking for someone who wants to take an exciting step, with a progressive company who are evolving from a property company into a cutting edge lifestyle brand and who is highly organised, able to work under pressure and can manage multiple briefs concurrently. We need someone who is passionate about every aspect of design and is excited about the impact design can have on awareness as well as our member’s experience.
- creative project management from concept to production
- development and supervision of the brand through all visual channels (identity, branding, marketing, digital design)
- development and management of the creative team (recruitment, mentoring, project coordination)
- art direction of marketing campaigns and photoshoots
- working with the brand manager to develop and maintain a brand bible and brand bank, providing assets and guidance for any brand communication
- working with the marketing director to define the future growth of The Collective’s brand, as well as other relevant brands e.g. SITC
- liaising with marketing, technology, sales, community, design, development, finance and operations to understand and support business requirements for visual materials
- manage the trafficking and prioritisation of creative projects to hit deadlines, as well as proactively driving forwards key projects such as on-site signage
- develop branded toolkits and assets with the brand manager for marketing and other teams to use
- establish a creative network, building working relationships with suppliers and contractors, to ensure deadlines are met, with high quality assets and production
- staying at the forefront of lifestyle design and keeping our brand on-trend. This includes attending key events, exhibitions or training to make sure we are always pushing boundaries
Key stakeholders and interfaces:
Marketing and sales director - work together across key pieces of collateral, both marketing and sales driven, as well as supporting the broader business. Ensure we are delivering great communications with consistency.
Brand manager - Oversees the brand communications and collateral from a messaging perspective, as well as interfacing with the broader business to get high quality briefs and ensure the brief is answered.
Exec team - has requirements for presentations to shareholders, potential business partners and internal events. These can deliver huge business impact so are a key part of this role.
Community- working with our wider community team to access spaces and get key insights and feedback from our members to inform great communications.
Development and interiors- where required working with the interiors team to style a space for a photoshoot.
Own network & partners- leverage your own network of both suppliers, freelancers and for creative inspirations
Desired experience & skills:
- an incredibly exciting, varied and rewarding job for someone with experience in graphic communications. Must be creative and excited about taking ownership of an evolving lifestyle brand. Broad skills in terms of output both online and offline as well as production are required
- strong proficiency in organisation, problem solving and communication
- three years’ minimum experience working with a brand, across online and offline creative
- creative and proficient at concept design, but willing to develop ideas through to artwork and production
- Adobe expert, with basic knowledge of html and css is a bonus
- Mac, Google and Office literate
- excellent layout and typographic skills
- strong independent operator, with the ability to get shit done
- innovative and forward thinking
- ambitious and passionate, about the impact graphic communications can deliver
- driven and proactive
- ability to get shit done
- only those eligible to work in the UK will be considered for the role
- competitive salary
- opportunity to be part of a new initiative and exciting company
- private healthcare
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- salary - £30,000 to £35,000 based on experience + OTE
Application deadline: 11 April 2017
How to apply
Please send CV's to Victoria Fussell at firstname.lastname@example.org