Product development designers/furniture designer
Aim architecture, a Shanghai - based studio was founded 10 years ago by Wendy Saunders and Vincent de Graaf. As a foreign studio in China our process has been one of constant travel. Embracing the challenge of exploration. We work to offer more cultural solutions in a China that is on the turning point from a quantitative to a qualitative society. Our clients, projects and their scales are wildly diverse, which poses an interesting challenge to continuously renew and rethink our projects, transforming and adapting ourselves through the design process. Providing high quality architecture and interior architecture projects.
Under the arm of AIM, we have launched a brand new venture in furniture. Measurements and toy models. Measurements represent the serious and disciplined side of furniture design, toy models refer to our approach that is eclectic, playful and experimental. We now look for product/furniture designers who can help us expand and grow the brand.
We need product development designers/furniture designers.
For this vacancy, you will need to:
- fave experience in taking an idea for a product to reality. Developing, modeling, finding factories and workshops, building the prototypes and work with factory to mass manufacture it. Preferably in China or Asia
- have good eyes for details and the sensibility for balance between practicality and aesthetics
- strong in design and have the ability to sketch, model and render the design
- good understanding of materials and their applications
- solid experience in chairs and the engineering principal of chairs
China/Asia experience would be a definite plus but not essential. We value your design/development ability over your China specific experience. We welcome aspiring designers who are interested in venturing into China, we would help process work visa if necessary.
Application deadline: 14 April 2017
How to apply
If you’re interested please send in resume to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the position you are applying for.