London, United Kingdom
Hirsch & Mann are expanding, and we are looking for an experienced project manager to take on key client projects. The new team member will be responsible for delivering projects on time, within budget and within scope, as well as for supporting the team in a super efficient, amazingly awesome way.
The studio and culture
Hirsch & Mann is a design and technology consultancy with an agile approach to experimentation, experience and product development. We work with businesses that have the bravery to do things differently, affect real change, and explore things in a truly innovative way.
We are a tightly knit team and have each other’s back. Every one of us gets involved in many aspects of projects. Our business culture encourages learning outside comfort zones and supports continuous growth with self-set goals and budgets for learning material and courses. Flexi-time allows everyone in the company to take ownership of their time and schedules, and we dedicate time and resources to internal R&D projects that have been nominated by the team.
Our lively studio is based in Hackney and we share a workshop with our sister company, ‘Technology Will Save Us’, with whom we enjoy Monday team lunches on Broadway market.
We’re looking for the following specific skills:
- clear communication with project team and participants
- be understanding empathetic and firm in equal measure
- successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget with an eye for quality
- assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- site management on install including site visits and onsite meetings with subcontractors
Pragmatic decision making:
- ensure resource availability and allocation
- develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- report and escalate to management as needed
- perform risk management to minimize project risks
Love for numbers and people:
- confidence in creating, managing and closing budgets
- ability to review/reflect/analise projects to implement change to our processes as needed
- love the numbers, but not at the expense of our team. We all work hard, and we support each other best when we’re putting our team and quality of work first
The role requires excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, proven working experience of eight+ years in project management in the digital technology and/or event sector and excellent organisational skills with meticulous attention to detail. An enthusiastic approach to learning about new technologies, design and interactive installation is a must.
The candidate would also show a willingness to travel and work on location during install and stay calm and clear in high pressure, fast-paced situations.
The ideal candidate will have strong working knowledge of excel/Google sheets and project planning systems to get an analytical view on the project's progression. You will have strong experience in delivering large and small scale projects on a range of timescales. You should also be great at working and managing teams, while helping members to grow while seeing to the needs of each project.
Additionally, you will have worked on projects with physical and digital elements, and you are super excited about creativity, innovation and people focused experiences.
Application deadline: 24 March 2017
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter and work samples to email@example.com.
Direct applicants only - no recruiters