Seattle, United States
Bassetti Architects is a vibrant firm of talented and inspired individuals with offices in Seattle and Portland. We specialise in educational and civic work and are motivated by projects that create healthy and lively communities. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of specifications writer for our Seattle office. The ideal candidate is passionate about architecture, has a strong design sensibility, and appreciates the process of articulating design through the documentation and construction process.
- develop technical specifications for projects
- collaborate with project design teams to ensure seamless coordination of contract documents
- support construction administration team for design intent during construction
- research new, innovative products and update the firm with important specifications related changes
- update and maintain master specifications
- implement e-specs into our master specifications
- organise lunch and learn presentation to the firm with product representatives
- bachelor’s degree in architecture or equivalent
- minimum seven years of specifications writing experience
- licensed architect or CCS (Certified Construction Specifier)
- understanding of the selection and integration of building systems
- understanding of public project delivery and requirements
We offer competitive compensation and benefits including a 401(k) retirement plan, medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and an FSA plan.
Bassetti Architects is an equal opportunity employer that supports diversity and mentorship.
Application deadline: 1 June 2017
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a pdf including cover letter, resume, and sample portfolio via email to HR@Bassettiarch.com.
Please visit our website for additional information about our firm: www.Bassettiarch.com.