Dezeen is looking for an engagement editor to join its office in Hoxton, London.
We are looking for an experienced and talented engagement editor to drive our digital strategy and grow our global traffic.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of news combined with extensive knowledge of analytics, search, SEO and social media.
We are looking for a natural leader with excellent communication skills and a track record of driving audience and engagement growth across multiple channels including web, social, newsletters and membership systems.
The role will involve managing a small team and ensuring our daily output meets Dezeen’s stringent quality standards, whilst devising and rolling out new initiatives to grow both audience and engagement. Analytical skills are essential since the role also involves preparing regular reports on digital performance and spotting areas for improvement.
Relationships with key digital players (eg. Facebook, Instagram, Google) would be an advantage.
The ideal candidate will have:
- strong news judgment
- excellent writing and editing skills with a keen eye for accurate copy
- deep operational knowledge of social channels and newsletters
- strong knowledge of audience data and strategic growth
- awareness of latest SEO best practice
- experience working across editorial, commercial and video departments
- familiarity with a range of analytics tools, Adobe CC packages, content management systems etc
- knowledge of Asian digital platforms including Line, Baidu and WeChat
Candidates should send a CV and cover letter as well as an outline of salary expectations. This position is based at our office in Hoxton, London.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we regretfully will only respond to candidates selected for interview.