Dezeen is looking for a HR manager to join its team in Hoxton, London.
The human resources manager will oversee HR processes, staff development and help us develop exemplary new policies as the company grows.
Dezeen, the world’s most popular architecture and design magazine, requires a human resources professional to manage our staff processes and help us develop exemplary new policies as the company grows.
Reporting to the directors, you will have experience of working in the HR department at a fast-paced company and be familiar with UK employment law and best practice.
You will relish the challenge of helping a rapidly expanding digital media company set up robust procedures to help it as it grows.
You will be aware of best practices that can be introduced to ensure Dezeen is an increasingly desirable place to work and that employees are motivated, happy and productive. You will introduce policies that are fair and which encourage diversity in our workplace. You will be familiar with HR software systems and experienced in dealing with a wide range of issues that affect employees.
Tasks will include:
- setting up and managing new HR systems aimed at improving the workplace
- assisting with recruiting and staffing, including sitting in on interviews
- helping to write job descriptions to attract the best possible candidates
- managing the performance of current employees
- devising a training programme for both staff and managers
- gathering data and generating reports to help improve performance and skills
- assisting with employee discipline
- setting up onboarding processes for new employees
- managing and improving the staff appraisal system
- acting as an intermediary between staff and senior management to ensure needs and objectives are aligned as the company grows
- offering orientation and other aspects of new employee onboarding
- sitting on company committees to provide feedback and ways to improve the resources available to employees
- overseeing and scheduling employee counselling and other services
- overseeing compliance requirements
Essential skills include excellent people skills, strong leadership qualities, drive and ambition, attention to detail, organisational ability and initiative, first-rate written and spoken English, awareness of UK employment laws, and strong ideas about how to help our company progress to the next level in terms of working conditions and staff wellbeing.
The position is based at Dezeen’s office in Hoxton, London.
Please apply by submitting a CV, covering letter and salary expectations.