The firm is a luxury treehouse company, seeking an experienced designer, architectural technologist or engineer with the appropriate qualifications. You must have previous experience of leading a team, working with timber-framed structures, a strong knowledge of building control, 2D construction detailing, as well as 3D visualisation skills – ideally SketchUp, AutoCAD and Revit. The ideal candidate must be passionate and dedicated as we are trying to build something special and are looking for someone who shares the same vision and dedication.
The successful applicant will coordinate the design programme and schedule of work for all projects in the design pipeline. You will oversee its creative and talented in-house design team, working on a varied range of projects including commercial and private client schemes, creating designs taking into account budget, safety, building regulations and planning laws.
- oversee a small team of creative designers to ensure deadlines are met and relevant processes adhered to
- produce detailed technical plans and drawings using AutoCAD and design
- projects using a range of design programs (including Adobe Suite and SketchUp)
- work closely with our construction teams on-site, engineers, surveyors and planning departments
- primarily office based but willing to undertake site visits and travel across the UK and Europe where necessary
- proven leadership skills/experience of leading a team
- ability to thrive within a fast-paced dynamic environment in order to manage priorities across multiple projects and lead a team effectively, ensuring deadlines are consistently met
- strong knowledge of timber frame construction is essential with excellent technical detailing, drawing, specifications and materials including bespoke joinery, fully conversant with building regulations and possess the ability to implement
- creative and passionate about design with the ability to demonstrate innovation
- practical understanding of construction methods and timber framing principles
- strong communication and negotiating skills
- previous engineering experience advantageous
- fluent in English and demonstrate you can legally work in the UK
Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with your experience.
Closing date: mid-January
Start date: Immediate start
Type of contract: permanent, full-time
Please submit a cover letter, CV and portfolio. All attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 10MB.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are only able to respond to applicants selected for interview.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom