A design studio in London is looking for a junior designer with two years’ experience to work on high-end hospitality and residential projects.
The candidate needs to be driven and able to apply themselves to the challenges and tasks of working in a demanding but rewarding interior design practice. They will be working on a range of innovative projects, supporting the team’s designers in a variety of roles, while learning and developing their skills. The candidate will need to take ownership and responsibility of their own workload, using their initiative and creative skills to solve problems and meet deadlines. Confident communication skills will be required as the candidate will be expected to discuss and present their ideas to the design team and liaise with contractors, consultants and clients.
Responsibilities to include the following:
- assisting the design teams in all areas of their projects
- assisting the team with the concept design and presentation by helping with image sourcing, 3D sketching and modelling, Photoshop editing and setting up/printing presentation boards and booklets
- assisting the team with lighting, ironmongery and sanitary ware sourcing, by investigating and contacting new and innovative suppliers/manufacturers
- recording, collating and distributing any supporting technical documentation
- researching new materials and finishes, ordering samples and documenting/storing them within the material library
- assisting the team with planning and construction AutoCAD drawings, ranging from master plans to small architectural and joinery details
- assisting with paper and electronic filing and recording all project documentation
- assisting the team with site visits and queries
- supporting the general wellbeing of the team and its productivity
- a good knowledge of furniture and materials and where to source them from is highly desirable
- basic knowledge of MBDS CAD standards
- eye for colour/materials
- awareness of current style trends/industry
- 3D spatial awareness
- awareness of MBDS health and safety procedures
- 3ds Max
- Microsoft Office
- freehand sketching abilities
Please submit your CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are only able to respond to applicants selected for interview.