A medium-sized design studio is looking for an experienced 3D designer to join its firm in London.
The practice specialises in concept, design and fabrication for retail environments. Its projects range from global window roll-outs to pop-up shops and show-stopping bespoke displays.
The suitable candidate would be joining a medium-sized team in a challenging, exciting and creative environment. They will have the opportunity to work with great brands on interesting projects, be involved in all levels of the process from research to production and implementation and see their work go live within a very short space of time.
The role will be heavily creative, however, it is essential that the candidate has a good understanding of manufacturing techniques and materials and has a technical knowledge of how things are made.
- producing initial concept mock-ups and visualisations
- detailed design development work
- producing final visualisations using Google SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- collaborating with internal technical team, project managers and production team to deliver fully resolved designs
The ideal designer will have:
- a minimum of two years’ previous 3D design experience in a design studio, ideally in a retail design agency/visual merchandising department (in-house or agency)
- a keen creative eye, with the skills to generate storytelling concepts for brands to help reinforce brand messages/sell specific products. To understand and distinguish a brand’s core message, in order to fully interpret briefs and deliverables
- an understanding of marketing strategies to create hype around pop-up spaces, along with knowledge of social media activations and digital/virtual reality
- expert knowledge of SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite
- an active interest in all areas of design, with an understanding of fashion and lifestyle brands
- the ability to produce quick, high-quality work
- an excellent understanding of fabrication and assembly processes, and a range of materials – excellent time-management and communication skills
This is a full-time position with an immediate start, based at the studio in east London.
If you think this role would suit you, please submit a portfolio, cover letter and CV using the ‘apply’ link below.
- 23 days holiday
- annual research trips to Europe
- free breakfast
- fun team
- pizza lunches
- Friday beers