There is an opportunity for a senior FF&E designer to join a large design studio in north London.
Overview of the role
The work of a senior FF&E designer is closely linked with the architectural side of the project. The designer has to develop the FF&E concept in conjunction with the project principal and project manager and maintain the programme and budget under the direction of the project manager. The Senior FF&E designer is responsible for coordinating the FF&E information with the job captain and project manager to ensure accurate integration into the architectural documentation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- working with project manager and client to develop schematic FF&E design,
- based on project criteria (brief), programme and budget
- participating in presentations and ensure the format is compatible client standards
- developing and maintain FF&E budget
- developing FF&E specification for documentation
- directing and reviewing purchase order process to ensure completeness and accuracy (as required)
- serving as principal contact with purchasing agent
- reviewing samples, strike-offs for compliance with specifications and design intent
- directing and reviewing furniture and installation plans for content and
- accuracy, and ensure that they are fully coordinated with architectural and other consultant’s drawings
- coordinating selection and presentation of artwork and accessories (purchasing if required). Coordinating FF&E installation with all parties involved
- working with job captain and project manager throughout project to help formulate staff utilisation/work plan, task assignments and allocation of fees
- being familiar with the project contract and contractual responsibilities as they relate to FF&E in all phases
- coordinating with project manager in producing finishes schedules
attending and reviewing site installation of all FF&E items (depending on project requirements)
- directing education of junior FF&E design staff in office standards, policy etc.
- a basic knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable
How to apply
Applicants should submit their CV and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are only able to respond to applicants selected for interview.