Dezeen is looking for a creative and meticulous social media assistant to join our team in London.
Dezeen is the world’s most influential online architecture, interiors and design magazine. We are on the hunt for a talented and ambitious social media assistant to join our digital team on a full-time, permanent basis.
Working under our social media editor, the social media assistant will play a key role in engaging with Dezeen’s audience, growing the reach of our social channels and utilising these platforms to increase social referrals to the website.
The social media assistant will be responsible for devising and posting content on Dezeen’s social media channels, including writing copy and cropping and editing images for use across Dezeen’s social platforms.
In addition, the social media assistant will liaise with Dezeen’s in-house video team in preparing video content for social media, assisting with editing videos to be used on Instagram and Instagram Stories, Twitter and Facebook.
The ideal candidate will be someone with high levels of self initiative, who is willing to put forward and help implement innovative new ideas to improve Dezeen’s social media content and its performance.
Candidates must have excellent writing skills, a passion for social media, and ideally at least one year of experience in a similar role. Knowledge of the architecture and design industries would also be highly beneficial.
Duties will include:
- writing, editing, scheduling and posting content to Dezeen’s social media platforms
- identifying social media trends and communicating these to the wider team, making content suggestions to the editorial team and offering explanations for social traffic fluctuations
- undertaking community management across social platforms, including responding to post comments and direct messages
- editing video and photographic content
- regular, structured testing of new ideas and approaches to continually improve Dezeen’s social media strategy
- using analytical tools to track content performance across the website and social channels and using these to improve the performance of content on social media
- passion for social media
- meticulous attention to detail
- strong knowledge and experience of using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- up-to-date knowledge and understanding of the latest social media developments and trends
- excellent written English and impeccable grammar
- high level of computer literacy
- experience of editing images using Adobe Photoshop
- previous experience in a similar role or working within the publishing industry
- good knowledge of the design or architecture industry
- experience of using video editing software, preferably Final Cut Pro
- knowledge of and experience using WeChat
Knowledge of the architecture and design industry will be an advantage.
A high standard of written and spoken English is essential.
Dezeen offers flexible working and a minimum of 25 days of annual holidays plus public holidays. Our canalside office in Hoxton is located a short walk from Haggerston Overground station.
Candidates should submit their CV and a covering letter explaining why they are suitable for the role using the ‘apply’ link below.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are only able to respond to applicants selected for interview.