DiMella Shaffer is looking for a senior project designer to join its office Boston, USA.
As a senior project designer at DiMella Shaffer, you will lead and manage a high functioning team delivering design excellence across a variety of markets. You will oversee a team responsible for balancing quality, creativity and functionality while working to exceed client goals. Through design, management, detailing, and communication, the senior project designer will contribute to a diverse team creating places where people live, learn, work, and play.
DiMella Shaffer could be right for you if:
- you can lead and manage the design process and produce high-quality design
- you are eager to originate and develop a creative process to solve design problems
- you are passionate about using design-thinking to produce functional, beautiful and sustainable built environments for people
- you love seeing people do their best and pushing them to exceed their expectations
- you have a lot of experience. You can mentor and guide younger peers and staff
- you can provide thought leadership on design concepts
- you understand the art of negotiation and the sensitivity it requires to maintain strong client relations
- you are a leader and can communicate the firm’s objectives
Things to help you succeed:
- degree in architecture from an accredited program
- architectural registration or within two years of hire
- 10-15 years of professional experience
- proven conceptual design and schematic design skills
- proven ability to manage multiple projects and multiple deadlines
- ability to assemble construction documents for a variety of project types
- knowledge of zoning regulations and general permitting process
- knowledge of codes as they pertain to project scope
- proficiency in 3D modelling, visualisation and graphics software; advanced knowledge of Revit
- proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
Other preferred qualifications, but not required:
- LEED, WELL, or Passive House certification a plus
- expertise in SketchUp/Lumion
At DiMella Shaffer, our reputation for delivering design excellence is based on our ability to attract and retain creative, curious people who are eager to learn and grow within a collaborative environment.
We practice the art of balance. It is our mission to help our clients make the world more beautiful, functional and sustainable. We believe that thoughtful buildings positively influence our environment. At the same time, we recognise that architecture is a craft, as well as a business and that success is ultimately achieved through the balance of both. Emphasising a pragmatic approach, we focus on innovative design thinking, high-performance teamwork and proactive project management to ensure our vision meets each client’s budget, schedule, and goals.
DiMella Shaffer is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are strongly in favour of diversity and inclusion.