Distinctive Makers is hiring a showroom manager to join its team in Hertfordshire, UK.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and presentable showroom manager to join our team. This role will be based at our Rickmansworth showroom.
The perfect candidate will have excellent communication skills, the ability to deal with enquiries in person, over the phone and by email, will be outgoing, highly organised, eager to learn and also, will be creative with a keen interest in interior design.
Showroom branch manager duties:
- arranging the shop display inside the shop and in the window – creating visually interesting displays to engage with customers, whilst being mindful of new collections and current trends
- general upkeep of the shop – make sure shop is tidy and presentable at all times
- creating a friendly and welcoming environment for all customers and visitors
- sole responsibility for pricing decisions for new products and adding these onto the till
- replenish shop stock, such as paints, paint charts, stationery and cleaning products when required
- undertake all administrative duties, such as ensuring all emails are answered in a timely manner, as well as handle all enquiries over the phone. Additionally accept and manage any deliveries received in the showroom
- process all paint orders placed by phone, via email or via our Luxury Paints website
- monitor our courier tracking and update spreadsheets accordingly. Deal with any order/delivery issues to make sure there is a good resolution
- generate invoices for paint, wallpaper and fabric orders if required by the customer
- organising and arranging appointments with customers for measures, showroom visits and book in the diary
- liaise with head office to book installations and ensure all customer balances are settled ahead of install appointments
- ensure all surveys have been received for each measure appointment and generate quotes based on the specifications on the survey
- place orders for fabrics, trimmings and accessories for all orders and liaise with our workroom to ensure all fabrics are present and correct
- arrange professional and in-depth appointments with customers to assist with selecting products for projects
- approach new companies and set up trade accounts for our shops, and head office where applicable, and form new relationships with sales reps
- create social media content and share Instagram uploads with other sites, ensuring regular content
- attend marketing meetings with head office and implement all changes and points agreed upon and discussed
With over 50 years’ of experience, our family run company is one of the leading premium suppliers of bespoke window dressings in the UK. Specialising in the finest curtains, blinds and pelmets, our products are all handmade by our professional and highly skilled team to delivery quality and luxury with every dispatch.
We predominantly work on bespoke projects for residential properties, but we also supply products for large commercial projects such as restaurants, hotels, and housing projects. With an extensive catalogue of incredible fabrics, our team will guide each client through their design to allow them to personalise each aspect of their project.
As well as window treatments, we can also offer our clients a variety of luxury paints and wallpapers from the leading brands in the industry, enabling us to provide our clients with the full interior design package when renovating a space.
We are continuing to expand our business to offer a wider variety ofproducts and services and are looking for a candidate who can join us on this exciting journey.
Benefits and job details:
- full-time, Monday to Friday, 10am to 6pm
- product training will be provided
- growth opportunities
- 28 days statutory annual leave including bank holidays
- smart/casual dress
- company pension scheme
- company events
- store discounts