Djao-Rakitine is looking for an English-speaking landscape architecture assistant to join its team in Paris, France.
Djao-Rakitine is a landscape architecture practice based in London and Paris and working on high-profile public and private cultural, commercial and residential projects worldwide, it was created in 2015.
The studio develops various scales of design, from product design to masterplanning. On all scales, geographical, biological, ecological, cultural and economic aspects of the project are fundamental. Djao-Rakitine’s design approach focuses on revealing the potential of each site through their characteristics.
For the practice, model making is key to understanding, designing, collaborating and consulting. Hand drawing is essential in developing ideas and designs while digital drawing allows us to precisely coordinate with all other design team members.
Location: Paris, France
Commences: February or March 2019
Contract type: Freelance
Contract hours: Full-time
Salary: TBD according to experience
Role and responsibilities
Responsibilities shall include all areas of the professional landscape architectural consultancy process including design, design documentation, preparation of presentation materials and administration tasks.
- assist and support in the overall design and production of all project-based deliverables
- ensure that daily tasks that have been assigned are completed by the end of each day
- ensure that you report to the senior designer/director at the end of each day relating to the completion of your tasks
- participate in design reviews
- identify opportunities to improve the quality of the end-product in co-ordination with the senior designer
- assist the senior designer or director in the coordination with external consultancy teams involved in projects
- assist the senior designer or director in maintaining project files and records
- assist the senior designer or director in sending and receiving project information
- minimum one year experience
- advanced CAD – 2D and 3D and Adobe Creative Suite skills
- good model-making skills
- fluent in English and good writing
- enthusiastic and friendly approach
- strong design and presentation skills
- ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- ability to work well as part of a team, be positive, proactive and show initiative
- good organisational skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply with the following details: CV, cover letter, sample portfolio of maximum 10MB (PDF format).
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Candidates must have the right to work in Europe or possess the relevant work permit or visa.
No agencies please.