DOBSON:OWEN is seeking a project architect to join its team in Pwllheli, Wales.
An opportunity for a resourceful and talented individual to work on a number of relatively small but interesting and stimulating projects at our Pwllheli office. Pwllheli is a Welsh-speaking coastal town and international sailing venue on the edge of Snowdonia National Park and the area offers a number of linguistic, cultural and sporting opportunities!
The ideal applicant is seen as a person who is interested in conservation and who can initially assist in the execution of various projects already on the drawing board but in the longer term assist in giving direction to the company’s work and growth and with the vision, drive and determination to take on additional responsibilities and roles within the practice.
It is expected that the person appointed will have the experience and the ability to work largely unaided to complete all of the services and duties expected of an architect as defined within the RIBA’s project plan of work to include :
- on occasions meeting, discussing and advising the client on a project’s requirements
- preparing outline proposals and planning and listed building application submissions
- developing the necessary technical plans and specifications for a project to allow for submission and approval of building control applications together with tender invitation within a stipulated period
- undertake the contract administration role to include the preparation of interim and other certificates and also schedules of defects
- assist in developing suitable administrative and organisational systems within the office
You will be familiar with and have experience of :
- the use of CAD software (experience of Vectorworks and/or ArchiCAD would be advantageous)
- the developing use of BIM within the construction sector
- the use of word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- the use of presentational software such as Photoshop, Artlantis, Renderworks etc
- the technical requirements of buildings
- sustainable building systems
The role will enable the appointed person to develop technical, practical and communicational skills and a greater understanding and knowledge of sustainable building systems as well as to experience day to day project administration within the practice.
This is a position for which the ability to converse in Welsh is a material consideration.
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.