Double Decker is looking for a project manager to join its team in London.
Who are we looking for?
A highly organised individual, who will be responsible for the management of a variety of hospitality and cultural projects and is ready to work in a fast-paced studio. The candidate will be responsible for the studio’s effective running in one of its challenging periods of growing.
You need to have: interest in art and design, confidence with artwork production overview and research, budgeting and schedule keeping. A strong administrative background. Confidence with drawings and elevations. You should understand the refined aesthetics of Double Decker.
- managing all projects and studio workflow: creating and implementing project sheets with time in action schedules and time manage all projects
- production management: source and brief fabricators, calculate budget estimates, define specifications, research/support
- managing collaborators: fabricators, artists and producers
- arrange transportation: shipping, insurance, directors’ traveling
- filing/archiving: implement new system to be checked both monthly and quarterly, create a good database system
- travelling: for project installations
- account handling: client communication and project overview
- presentations: design and text proofreading
- new business support: support directors with new business actions and communication of projects and portfolio
- putting pitches together: gathering material for submissions
- elevation reading and artwork allocation
- previous experience in project management and studio administration within the creative industries
- great ability in Microsoft programs (Excel, Word) proficient in Adobe, confidence in InDesign
- spacial understanding/familiarity with elevations and drawings
- ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- strong administrative, written and oral communication skills
- background in art and design or relevant degree
- understanding of curating, interior design, branding and hospitality
About Double Decker: since 2009 Double Decker is in the business of providing new ideas. This is not ordinary art consultancy, but skilled visual storytelling led by experienced curators engaging the power of art to provide life-affirming experiences.
To apply please submit a copy of your CV and a short cover letter (max. 150 words) describing why you would like to join our team and submit indicating your current availability and/or notice period to Melita using the ‘apply’ link below.
Deadline: 2 March 2020