dRMM is looking for a bids and communications coordinator to join its team in London.
dRMM is a Stirling-prize winning, design-led studio based in London. The studio was founded in 1995 by Alex de Rijke, Philip Marsh and Sadie Morgan who continue to lead the practice together with their fellow Directors Jonas Lencer, Saskia Lencer and Judith Stichtenoth. Our greatest success is our team, who are working on a range of exciting, innovative projects in the UK and overseas.
Our thriving studio is made up of a multi-national team with unique backgrounds and experiences who work in the belief that architecture should be – above all – socially useful and responsible. dRMM’s studio culture is one of openness and warmth and we welcome people of all backgrounds.
We are looking for an energetic coordinator to work across the studio’s new business and communications activities. On the bids side you will identify appropriate new business opportunities and support the submission process to ensure dRMM successfully wins new work with the calibre of projects and clients we desire. On the communications side you will promote the practice, its projects and raise the profile of key individuals. This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and collaborative team, working closely with the head of marketing and business development, the directors and management team.
You will have one to three years’ experience in a similar role within the architecture or design industry with excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence and the ability to build strong relationships at all levels, internally and externally. You will work closely with the management, architectural and administration teams, so the ability to manage, communicate with, and be part of a team is paramount.
- research and assess new business opportunities, including OJEUs and competitions, preparing summaries for evaluation by the senior team
- coordinate and submit EOIs, SQs, ITTs and competitions in collaboration with project teams
- manage other people’s contributions to submission documents architects, graphics, other consultants and so on
- where required, write new copy or work with others to generate new content for submission documents
- manage the bid library: approved project text, practice profiles, CVs, certificates and other documentation
- manage and respond to press and speaker requests, organise briefings and build relationships with key journalists and media owners
- monitor media coverage and file digital and hard copy press cuttings
- coordinate and write awards submissions for projects, practice and key people
- develop the digital strategy with the head of marketing and BD, create and curate outputs across various channels including dRMM website and social media
- ensure that marketing activities address the in-house team as well as external audiences
Skills and experience:
- one to three years’ experience in a similar communications/bid role within the architecture or design industry
- energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated, with an eye for detail as well as an ability to see the big picture
- excellent verbal and written communications skills
- ability to develop and maintain excellent relations and dialogue with the directors, management team, architects and the other departments in the practice
- have relaxed people skills and be able to motivate and influence others as well as being able to talk with confidence and authority to senior people
- excellent writing and editorial skills with experience in producing compelling copy for a range of audiences
- experience in managing a media strategy across print and online in the UK and ideally internationally with the ability to organise press briefings, manage press tours and photo calls
- ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with journalists, stakeholders and clients
- ability to prioritise your time and effectively manage a busy and varied workload
- ability to work independently as well as part of an effective team
- flexibility and versatility including working on a variety of projects in parallel
- ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
Role: full time
Salary: dRMM band 3, £24-£31k per annum
To apply please submit your CV and a short cover letter detailing your suitability to the role and notice period (if applicable). Applications should be submitted by clicking the ‘apply’ button below (max file size 5mb).
dRMM is an equal opportunities employer. Since the studio’s inception, dRMM has been an ambassador for women in architecture. We are proud to have gender equality in every aspect of our operations and at all levels of employee progression.
We acknowledge that people from certain backgrounds are under-represented in architecture and we’re committed to doing what we can to correct this. We are particularly keen to receive applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic people; people with disabilities and people who identify as being LGBTQIA+.
Please note we are only able to respond to successful applicants and will not discuss submissions over the telephone.