There is an opportunity at dRMM for a communications coordinator to join its team in London.
dRMM is a Stirling-prize winning, design-led architecture studio based in London. Led by Alex de Rijke, Philip Marsh, Sadie Morgan and Jonas Lencer, our talented and resourceful team are working on a range of exciting, innovative projects in the UK and overseas. Our thriving studio is made up of a team of like-minded people who work in the belief that architecture should be – above all – socially useful and responsible. Our studio culture is one of openness and warmth and we welcome people of all backgrounds.
We are looking for an energetic communications coordinator to deliver the studio’s marketing and communications activities. Working closely with the head of marketing and business development, the directors and management team, you will promote the practice, its projects and raise the profile of key individuals. This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic and enthusiastic communications team with a specific focus on press and awards activities.
You will have one-three years’ experience in a similar marketing role within the architecture or design industry with excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence and the ability to build strong relationships at all levels, internally and externally. You will work closely with the business development, bids and competition, graphics and administration teams, so the ability to manage, communicate with, and be part of a team is paramount.
- manage and respond to all press requests
- write press releases, articles and thought leadership pieces for the practice, expanding press coverage beyond the traditional architectural press
- update the head of marketing and BD and management team on press activity, anticipating press issues as well as reacting to breaking stories
- organising press briefings and building relationships with key journalists
- monitor all media coverage and file digital and hard copy press cuttings
- create and update content for profiles, books and the website
- coordinating and writing awards submissions for projects, practice and key people
- developing the social media strategy with the head of marketing and BD and curating the output across various channels
- ensuring that marketing activities address the in-house team as well as external audiences
- assisting with ad-hoc tasks
Skills and experience:
- one-three years’ experience in a similar marketing/communications role within the architecture or design industry
- energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated, with an eye for detail as well as an ability to see the big picture
- excellent verbal communications skills
- ability to develop and maintain excellent relations and dialogue with the directors, management team, architects and the other departments in the practice
- have relaxed people skills and be able to motivate and influence others as well as being able to talk with confidence and authority to senior people
- excellent writing and editorial skills with experience in producing compelling copy for a range of audiences
- experience in managing a media strategy across print and online in the UK and ideally internationally with the ability to organise press briefings, manage press tours and photo calls
- ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with journalists, stakeholders and clients
- ability to prioritise your time and effectively manage a busy and varied workload
- ability to work independently as well as part of an effective team
- flexibility and versatility including working on a variety of projects in parallel
- ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
Salary: dependent on experience
Working pattern: it is envisaged that this is 0.6 of a full-time role or three days a week (or equivalent) but this is open to discussion.
To apply please submit your CV and a short cover letter detailing your suitability to the role and notice period (if applicable). Applications should be by email using the ‘apply’ link below (max. file size 5MB).
dRMM is an equal opportunities employer. Salary dependent on experience, and compliance with dRMM salary band.
Please note we are only able to respond to successful applicants and will not discuss submissions over the telephone.
Application deadline: Monday, 2 December 2019.