There is a vacancy at dRMM for a personal assistant to join its firm in London.
dRMM is a Stirling-prize winning, design-led architectural studio based in London. Led by Alex de Rijke, Philip Marsh, Sadie Morgan and Jonas Lencer, our talented and resourceful team are working on a range of exciting, innovative projects in the UK and overseas. Our thriving studio is made up of a team of like-minded people who work in the belief that architecture should be – above all – socially useful and responsible. Our studio culture is one of openness and warmth and we welcome people of all backgrounds.
We are looking for a thorough and enthusiastic PA to provide administrative and executive support to dRMM’s directors. You will offer full support to two directors, diary management for the whole directorate and a range of admin duties in conjunction with the admin team. This is an exciting opportunity to join our dynamic administrative team and contribute to the smooth running of the directorate and the greater studio.
You will be educated to A-level standard or equivalent, with a minimum of two years’ PA experience within the architecture or design industry.
This is a role that requires a clear ability to identify and manage information of a sensitive nature. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, high emotional intelligence and the ability to build strong relationships at all levels, internally and externally. You will work closely with the business development and administration teams, and the ability to manage, communicate with, and be part of a team is paramount.
- diary management for all directors
- email management for two directors – read, respond, redirect where appropriate
- proactive management of directors’ paperwork and filing
- promote and cultivate good client and collaborator relationships
- production of support materials in conjunction with marketing team
- meeting minutes, reports, follow-ups, action tracking
- travel and accommodation arrangements
- additional reception support
Skills and experience:
- two-plus years’ experience in a similar PA role within the architecture or design industry
- energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated, with an eye for detail as well as an ability to see the big picture
- excellent verbal communications skills
- ability to develop and maintain excellent relations and dialogue with the directors, management team, and all colleagues in the practice
- have relaxed people skills and be able to motivate and influence others as well as being able to talk with confidence and authority to senior people
- excellent administrative and organisational skills with confidence to multitask and effectively prioritise
- an ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with journalists, stakeholders
- exceptional time management and ability to effectively manage a busy and varied workload
- ability to work independently as well as part of an effective team
- flexibility and versatility including working on a variety of tasks in parallel
- ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines efficiently
Working pattern: this is a full-time position
To apply please submit your CV and a short cover letter detailing your suitability to the role and notice period (if applicable). Applications should be by email using the ‘apply’ (max file size 5MB).
dRMM is an equal opportunities employer. Salary dependent on experience, and compliance with dRMM salary band.
Please note we are only able to respond to successful applicants and will not discuss submissions over the telephone.
Application deadline: Monday, 2 December 2019.