DSDHA is looking for a communications and graphics assistant to join its London team.
An exciting opportunity exists for a communications and graphics Assistant to join our busy architecture and design studio in Vauxhall, London. We are looking for a highly creative, proactive and self-motivated individual who will be working as a key member of the communications team, supporting the studio across the areas of both design and business development.
Reporting to the head of research and communications, the successful candidate will work on a wide range of activities from graphic identity designs to presentations, applications and architectural projects. Additional duties will include ensuring that our website remains current, informative and user friendly, laying out high quality competition bids, coordinating our graphic reference materials and supporting the wider team as necessary.
As much as we are keen to hear from candidates who have a wealth of professional experience, we are also interested to meet less experienced designers who can demonstrate the enthusiasm and self-starting attitude required. Above all, we are looking for someone who can add a new dimension to the team.
Skills and experience required:
- expert user of Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Adobe Suite and PowerPoint
- great aptitude and enthusiasm for graphic layout and typography, in both digital and print channels
- excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work both independently and within a team in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the confidence to liaise with senior management as well as with collaborators and contractors
- able to show a wide range of ideas from concept to delivery in an exciting and well-presented portfolio
- a demonstrable interest in the built environment
- experience within the architectural industry will be a distinct advantage
- experience of video editing, web design, 3D software and OpenAsset will be an advantage
- design and production of all communication and marketing materials
- design and production of all competition and speculative bid submissions
- enabling successful communication of our company identity
- coordination of in-house graphic reference materials and standards
- maintaining the image database and website
- assisting architectural teams with graphic and diagrammatic tasks
- translating technical drawings into clear, communicative and eye-catching products
- liaising with printers and contractors as required
- photography of architectural models and the working studio environment
- administrative support to the head of research and communications
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 December 2017 and should consist of:
- covering letter stating your salary expectations, reasons why you would like to join us and date from when you are available
- reduced size portfolio, including examples of work that demonstrate the skills required
DSDHA is an Equal Opportunities Employer