Dusk is looking for a technical designer and drafter with at least three years’ experience to join its team in Los Angeles.
Only applicants with experience as a fabricator themselves, who hold an understanding of materials, hardware, joinery, and finishes related to fine furniture, millwork, and fabrication will be considered.
- expert Level drafting in AutoCAD, SolidWorks and/or Rhino with strong attention to detail and a good sense for graphic presentation
- experience in Sketch-Up is a plus
- experience with CNC design packages is a plus
- must have experience with creating bid/construction sets plus shop drawings- should be able to develop sets independently
- must have experience with Millwork detailing
At Dusk we work with interior designers, artists and architects on all sorts of projects— one-off pieces of furniture, commercial retail build outs, custom residential work, and small structures that are architectural in scale. Very importantly we’re looking for someone who is a problem solver, a maker, an artist, a designer (ideas!), and someone who can ‘put on various/necessary hats’ if need be.
This position will start out on a freelance/project basis, with the goal of transitioning to full time as soon as possible.
Please send your application via the ‘apply’ link below, complete with your resume, applicable portfolio and a message.