Dyer Grimes Architecture is seeking an experienced associate architect to join its team in London.
Working closely with the head of creative design you will have full responsibility for designing new houses and extensions to period properties primarily based around the southwest London area.
You will deal with the client directly throughout the briefing process, design, and pre-planning stages and as well as liaising with cost consultants, internal and external professionals. It will be your responsibility to prepare drawings, plans and documents for feasibility studies, pre/planning applications and obtain relevant research and permissions.
- demonstrate solid expertise in high end residential new build houses and period refurbishment projects preferably in the South London area
- excellent design, presentation, and technical ability
- a demonstrable track record of running projects from inception to completion
- comprehensive contract documentation and contract administration skills
- high proficiency in Vectorworks, 3D modelling skills SketchUp and 3D rendering skills, InDesign and Photoshop software
- ability to coordinate and manage external technical staff, consultants, and contractors
- strong ability to prioritise and handle multi-tasking
- strong ability in the production of detailed drawing packages for construction
- advanced knowledge of NBS Specification, UK British standards and building regulations
- managed projects on site successfully to timescale and budget
- commercially savvy as well as demonstrate understanding for budgets and construction costs
- positive, outgoing and approachable communicator, able to express ideas effectively, orally, graphically and in writing, and can lead any client comfortably through the design process and respond effectively to the clients’ briefs
- can keep up with a fast-paced working environment and deal with obstacles and tight deadlines with a positive attitude
- fluent in English, verbal and written
We are looking for the best associate architects, we are looking for high quality candidates, with UK experience only and proven residential experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our friendly and creative office and build a portfolio of award-winning homes.
What we offer
Salary up to £80k based on upon experience with a variety of exciting projects and opportunities to grow professionally.
Due to the large volume of applications expected we are unable to respond to all enquiries.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom