East Architecture is currently looking for a RIBA Part 3-qualified architect to join its practice in London.
This is a full-time position, but with a possibility for part-time working and flexible hours.
East is an award-winning, design-led architecture, landscape and urban design practice. We are currently a team of sixteen in a studio located near to London Fields.
We are looking for someone passionate, flexible and resilient, who will be able to run with a project or task.
Candidates should have the following:
- experience in housing and experience or interest in landscape
- the ability to understand a complex brief and think strategically whilst concurrently dealing with the more practical details of construction
- the ability to confidently coordinate design teams, working alongside a team of consultants, clients and the rest of the team at East
- attention to detail and the creativity and persistence to find solutions
- good knowledge of building contracts
- experience of bespoke construction detailing in putting together construction information
- a thorough understanding of UK building regulations
- experience in all RIBA work stages, particularly stages 4-7
- excellent conceptual, graphic and design skills
- proficiency in Vectorworks (2D and 3D) and the adobe suite
- experience of working with BIM
These skills should ideally be evidenced within your CV/portfolio.
In addition candidates must have:
- undertaken a RIBA Part 3 course
- one year minimum post-RIBA Part 3 experience in the UK, more preferred
- fluency in both written and spoken English
- proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Early applications are encouraged.
Please submit your application by post including:
- CV and small portfolio of work
- details of UK referees of previous employer/s
- salary expectations and details of availability
FAO: Judith Lösing, director
East architecture, landscape, urban design
Unit 3.3, First Floor
Bayford Street Industrial Centre
London E8 3SE
East is an equal opportunities employer.
Please note that we will not be able to contact all applicants.