Emersion Design is hiring a design architect to join its studio in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The senior designer serves as a lead designer and sets the design direction for key projects at emersion DESIGN. Senior designers will have experience leading clients and design teams from concept, design and post-occupancy of design solutions, while having the ability to lead, guide and teach other key members of the team and within the client groups assigned. Senior designers embrace the mission, culture and design philosophy of emersion DESIGN in their approach to the work.
Registered architect with a thorough knowledge of architecture practice who develops designs across emersion’s client base, while advancing our clients’ mission and emersion’s design ethos of life, simplicity and truth. Oversees design presentations and monitors project design development through a collaborative, integrative design process. Must possess a thorough knowledge of architecture practice, with emphasis on design, building materials, construction methods, integration of engineering disciplines, and building costs/ codes.
Works with the design director to ensure design quality while assisting, with others, in guiding the firm’s design approach. Offers critique to other design staff and can serve as a mentor to junior staff. Ability to lead design charrettes and facilitate client discussions centered on mission, vision and design. Good client relations with good public speaking skills. Ability to interview well. Participate in marketing activities as required.
- registered architect with minimum of 10 years of experience
- ethic of deeply understanding clients’ core values, strategic needs and aspirations to design facilities that advance these drivers
- passion for design as a client service, a cultural endeavor and a responsibility to society
- ability to take many data points, some of which may be conflicting, elevate to larger ideas and themes, and distill into a thoughtful and meaningful solution for our clients
- expertise, ability and desire to understand trends and lead design projects in a range of client types
- ability and experience representing the firm during interviews and presentations
- expertise facilitating small, medium and large groups
- experience with leading teams through the design process, including leading client groups with initial programming with an understanding of larger design implications
- interest in incorporating high levels of sustainability and wellness into design considerations
- ability to convey design intent through hand sketches, diagrams, narratives and renderings
- ability to communicate large amounts of information and complex ideas in a comprehensive, easy to understand way
- ability and experience working within project budget and schedule while producing meaningful work
- humble, yet able to challenge the typical
- ability to lead and follow
- self-motivated and ability to lead while making sound judgments to represent the firm and our clients
- ability to engage and advance the firm’s existing design ethos
- self-motivated leader who values and recognizes the contribution of others
- ability to work in integrative team settings with a continuous improvement culture
- experience understanding technical and cost implications while developing design concepts
- travel is expected
- award-winning portfolio
- sustainability expertise – LEED, WELL, CPHC and/or LFA
- expertise in advancing government, learning, and science and technology clients through design and research
- advanced knowledge in Rhino, Revit, Enscape and Adobe Creative Suites
Please submit cover letter, resume and work sample using the ‘apply’ link below.