Emrys Architects is seeking an architect to join its team in London.
About Emrys Architects
We are an award-winning practice based in Smithfields, London. Our work is primarily London-based and is within residential/arts and culture/commercial sectors. We are a friendly office with a great team-ethic; we value ideas and inspiration from all quarters. We enjoy the play of materials, textures and form: to shape the environment within which people can live, create and have fun. We have learnt through experience the most sustainable and rewarding places to live and work are derived from collaborative design – the simple culture of talking to people, understanding their aspirations and where they are on that journey – to derive a solution that allows them to thrive.
We are looking for highly motivated architects to help deliver some of the exciting new schemes in the office. We ask our architects to solve problems and inspire creative solutions throughout the design process. We believe working together collaboratively is the key to unlocking problems and creating great design; all candidates should demonstrate a willingness to work within a team environment.
All Emrys staff work on new business projects and competitions in addition to their day-to-day project work. We encourage architects to see projects through from conception to completion. Emrys are a BIM-enabled office; candidates should ideally have on-project experience of working with REVIT. We expect our staff to be enthusiastic participants in the wider building industry and to demonstrate an awareness of developments and innovation in design and construction.
The right candidate:
- can you show us you’re passionate about the work you do
- can you demonstrate experience/involvement in complex building projects from inception to delivery
- can you demonstrate experience on projects in the planning process; including a good understanding of planning policy
- candidates should have a strong grasp of construction procurement, demonstrating critical appraisal in procurement options/contract types and contract administration
- good working knowledge of Revit and project experience of BIM
- ARB Registration mandatory
Please send CV and a sample of your work (no more than 10mb) via the ‘apply’ link below. Deadline for submissions is Wednesday 24th March 2021.
No agencies or third-party applications please.
Emrys Architects is an equal opportunities employer.