Established & Sons is looking for an operations assistant/executive to join its office in London.
Position: operations assistant/executive
Reports to: senior supply chain manager
Salary: on experience
Working hours: part-time/full-time
Location: London (Old Street)
Start date: as soon as possible
About the company
Established & Sons is a recognised luxury brand that has led the way in contemporary furniture design, pioneering collaborations with designers, artists and architects since its foundation in 2005.
About the role
Established & Sons is looking to strengthen its team with a resourceful operations assistant/executive. The role’s main remit is to operate and constantly improve a best-practice order processing and outbound logistics process that minimises costs while ensuring exceptional distribution quality and service customers.
- process client orders including raising orders, payment requests and invoices, confirming dispatch and delivery times to customers
- provide a high standard of service to customers, e.g. by relaying relevant order updates or related information to the customer in a timely manner
- allocate stock to client orders, organise dispatch schedules and outbound shipments to customers and prepare appropriate paperwork for shipping and customs
- support the procurement and stock manager in organising inbound supplier shipments, keeping the ERP and stock management system current
- monitor warehouse performance and carry out (warehouse) stock audits
- monitor logistics costs, check shipping invoices for accuracy and constantly strive to drive down operational costs, in particular with regard to shipping fees
- provide general logistical support to the wider team, such as for company events, and work on general operations projects as they arise
Skills and requirements:
- two+ years of logistics/operations experience
- experience working with high-end goods and clients and shipping furniture or other unique, valuable and bulky items
- working knowledge of procurement, production, and stock control (ERP) systems
- excellent English communication skills; knowledge of Italian is a plus
- strong analytical skills; high proficiency in Excel is a plus
- team player, yet comfortable working autonomously and taking ownership of tasks/processes
- well-organised and methodical approach to achieving results
- proven ability to work under pressure and meeting deadlines
- experience from within the design or furniture industry and/or passion for design essential
If you are interested in applying for this role, please submit your CV alongside a cover letter using the ‘apply’ link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!