Established & Sons is seeking a public relations manager to become part of its team in London.
Position: public relations manager
Reports to: marketing director
Salary: on experience
Working hours: 8-16 hours per week
Location: London – remote working arrangements possible
Start date: as soon as possible
About Established & Sons
Established & Sons is a recognised luxury brand that has led the way in contemporary furniture design pioneering collaborations with designers, artists and architects since its foundation in 2005. We are a 15-people strong, fun-loving team based in central London (Old Street).
About the role
We are looking for a perceptive, motivated and friendly public relations manager with an extensive contacts network of key UK and international journalists, influencers and art directors in the design sector. This role requires an experienced professional to take care of all aspects of Established & Sons’ press office and work closely with the marketing director and senior management team to develop and implement a comprehensive PR and comms strategy.
The role has an exciting, broad remit covering four briefs.
Established & Sons PR strategy:
- develop annual PR strategy and roadmap in line with brand objectives and planned product launches
- represent and advocate PR-perspective with the senior management team, input into company strategy and annual programming
Established & Sons press office
- maintain and keep in contact with a sophisticated UK and international target media list
- track publications yearly trend and features diary
- send monthly campaigns to keep E&S collection fresh in journalists minds
- respond in a timely manner to all enquiries
- secure press features on E&S products, designers, directors, brand and company profile in our target territories
- keep an up to date media grid of published, anticipated press and open conversations
- compile coverage book with E&S inhouse graphic designer
- record coverage performance stats
Established & Sons (launch) campaigns
- write copy for campaign releases and work with the team to direct, coordinate and secure required campaign assets
- distribute press release/s
- negotiate exclusives and interviews
- organise and host exhibition press event, briefing the team and arranging interviews for designers attending
- strategise and implement activity that puts E&S products on third-party social channels
- drive engagement with product placement, monitor and encourage # and @
- be an active contributor in evolving E&S own social media channels and online presence (e.g. tone of voice, programming)
This is a six-month contract with the option to extend and to evolve into a permanent position.
- sound knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional public relations, can demonstrate they follow PR trends within the design industry
- excellent verbal and written communication skills. Friendly, approachable communication style
- confident working in an autonomous capacity and with a small team, having exposure to all departments
- ability to work well under pressure
- creative thinker equally comfortable strategizing and getting things done efficiently
- familiar with media database providers, cuttings agencies, Dropbox, image sharing platforms and marketing campaign software
Qualifications and experience:
- eight plus years’ experience within design PR (agency, in-house or freelance) with excellent working relations with key media contacts
- an English, literature or language-arts-based degree is desirable
- interest in contemporary design and luxury brand engagement
- knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and online press and how each platform can be deployed to engage target audiences
If you would like to work across an incredibly broad marketing and communication, please send a CV and a short cover letter to Tamasin Fisher, marketing and business development director using the ‘apply’ link below.