Etch Creative is seeking a retail design engineer to join its team in London, UK.
Calling all CAD cats!
Etch Creative needs a superstar design engineer specially with experience in the retail design and display sector – brand activation builds, POS display and permanent store design and counters.
Join our rapidly expanding retail consultancy and help make the world of retail a more creative, sustainable and immersive place. Etch has quadrupled in size since the pandemic and we continue to grow so join our journey now.
Who we are looking for
You will have a passion for retail, a worrying interest in materials, technology and fabrication methods and an appreciation of aesthetics and POS/VM design. You will work hard, play hard and most importantly ‘get the job done’.
Whilst our product is designing incredible physical assets for global brands, our service is all about taking the headache away from the brands and people we work with. You will also maximise value and sustainability at every stage of the project!
Our typical project flow includes triage, design, engineering, production, installation and delivery. Your responsibility will be focused on the engineering phase.
A project starts with in ‘triage’ where a project is assessed for requirements and briefed in through the conceptual design team who take projects to a presentation deck stage for retailer and client approval.
From this stage the project is handed over to your team who take a beautiful design concept and create a full set of Solidworks drawings that will be used for estimating and final approval from brands and the retailers. Once approved, you will then take your drawings through to a fully-finished prototype. Once the prototype is approved, you will brief in your project to our production/manufacturing team who will then take it through build, QC and final installation/distribution.
- CAD engineering to solve problems with the core aims of creativity, sustainability and technology
- value engineering with a focus on sustainable development and functionality
- direct client and manufacturing liaison through prototyping stage
- technical drawing and ‘tool kit’ creation for brands
- supplier visits and quality control through prototyping
- art working and file creation for manufacture eg. laser/CNC cutting files etc
- project management, getting the job done with maximum efficiency and service to the brand we work with
- direct experience in retail design and CAD engineering
- Solidworks fluent
- deep understanding of materials and manufacturing processes
- Adobe Suite for art working is a bonus
- being nice to people
- seeing and solving problems before they happen
- caring about what you do and how you do it
Our Grade 2 listed studio is in the heart of Bloomsbury (WC1N 1JA) just ten minutes walk from Kings Cross and Euston and within a stones throw (literally) of Russell Square Tube. We work three days in the studio and two days from home. The studio is lively and laid back but the work we put out is (we hope!) the best in the industry and only getting better!
See more at our website and if you want to be part of our agile and growing team then we would love you to come on this journey with us as we revolutionise retail.
The good stuff:
- £38,000 – £45,000 per annum pending experience plus pension
- one per cent of your wage added per annum for personal development and training
- gym membership or equivalent budget for physical and mental health (£35 pcm)
- 25 days holiday plus national holidays and Christmas break in addition (discretionary but has been the case for the past nine years!)
Please apply if you have directly relevant experience and want to be the best in our business, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply via the apply for job button below.