Facit Homes is seeking a Part 3 architect (site coordination role) to join its team in Gloucestershire, UK.
Facit Homes are the UK’s leading custom home manufacturer, leading the way in digital design, digital fabrication and BIM for construction. We currently employ architects, industrial designers, product designers, carpenters and makers to design and build bespoke one-off homes. With a small design office based in central London the design team work collaboratively with Facit site-based teams based across the south of the country.
We are looking for a highly organised and proactive team member to be our eyes and ears on-site for a new home in Stroud, Gloucestershire. The role is suitable for a Part 3 architect or experienced Part 2 wanting to gain site/ building experience – seven-month contract guaranteed and option to come studio side and design homes in our London office at a later date (dependant on workload).
- manage design information on site
- track and report progress
- assess subcontractors scope of works, report on omissions
- inspect works in progress/completed and report
- support the carpenter team and subcontractors
- manage and report on deliveries
- confirm dates with appointed subcontractors/suppliers
- oversee completion of online timesheets for carpenters on site
- organise materials/parts on-site for later use
- weekly capture and report uploads (360 images, sign-in sheets)
- digital tools provided
- Part 3-qualified (or experienced Part 2)
- an ability and willingness to learn new working methods
- good communicator
- good site experience and experience working directly with contracting teams preferred
- your own means of getting to the site (ideally own vehicle)
- no experience in making/being hands-on required
- working as part of a small, supportive and creative project team – project leader, order manager and lead carpenter
- use of the latest digital tools and communication technologies – 360 camera, on-site BIM collaboration tools, cloud-based reporting and scheduling software on-site based laptop. Site-based printing facilities
- lead role on-site, coordinating the site team
- exciting, dynamic and forward-thinking working environment (we are always open to new ideas and rethinking the way things are done)
How to apply
Please send a digital copy of your CV and relevant recent experience using the ‘apply’ link below.
Salary: dependant on experience
Start date: January 2020