Facit Homes has an opportunity for a site-based architect in its projects in Suffolk, UK.
Facit Homes is the UK’s leading custom home manufacturer, leading the way in digital design, digital fabrication and BIM for construction.
We are looking for a highly-organised and proactive Part 3 (or experienced Part 2) architect to be our eyes and ears on site for a one-off custom build home in Aldeburgh, Suffolk. This is a key role for the project, as the successful candidate will be the conduit between the office and site, ensuring that the home is built as designed and to the high standards expected. It is a challenging, varied and rewarding position which presents a rare opportunity to engage with a build from start to finish, using our cutting edge, digitally enabled approach.
Ideally suited for someone wanting to gain real site/construction experience, this is an 11-month fixed-term contract, with the potential to then join the team in our London office (depending on workload).
You will be working as part of the Facit Homes project delivery team alongside our project leader (office based), contracts manager (office based) and lead carpenter (site based) and will engage with the latest construction technology both in terms of digitally manufactured components and digital communication tools. Collectively the team will deliver yet another fantastic Facit Home, on time, on budget direct to the end user.
No experience in making/being hands on is required. You will require your own vehicle for getting to site.
- manage design information onsite
- track and report progress
- assess subcontractors scope of works, report on omissions
- inspect works in progress/completed and report
- support the carpentry team and subcontractors
- manage and report on deliveries
- confirm dates with appointed subcontractors/suppliers
- oversee completion of online timesheets for carpenters onsite
- organise materials/parts on site for later use
- weekly capture and report uploads (360 images, sign in sheets)
Digital tools provided:
- access to full BIM model on site for information and dimensions
- augmented reality BIM tool
- 360 camera uploads – for progress/data capture
- printer onsite for latest drawings
- laptop to upload/download from our server
- time tracking software
- online Facit Homes technical and construction wiki – for best practice
- cloud-based reports and schedules for tracking materials and trades
- online construction sequence/programme maintained by project leader
The start date is October/November 2023.
Please click on the apply for job button below to apply.