Facit Homes is hiring a site coordinator (Part 3 architect) to work on a fixed-term contract in Hertfordshire, UK.
Facit Homes is the UK’s leading custom home manufacturer and is at the forefront of digital design, digital fabrication and BIM for construction.
We are looking for a highly organised and proactive Part 3 architect to be our eyes and ears onsite for a one-off custom build house in Bovingdon, Hertfordshire. Eschewing the traditional construction site we employ architecturally trained professionals to coordinate activity onsite and ensure our digital design-led approach is enacted.
Suitable for a Part 3 architect wanting to gain real site/building experience, you will be on a five-month freelance contract with the possibility to come studio side and design homes in our London office afterwards (dependant on workload).
You will be working as part of the Facit Homes project delivery team – head of operations (office based), project architect (office based), contracts manager (office based), site coordinator (site-based), and lead carpenter (site-based), and engaging with the latest construction technology both in terms of digitally manufactured building components and digital communication tools. Collectively the team will deliver yet another high performance Facit Home, on time and on budget, direct to the end user.
The ideal candidate will be a natural problem solver and facilitator, with a keen eye for detail. No experience of making/being hands-on required, though a practical approach is desired.
- manage design information on site
- track and report progress
- assess subcontractors’ scope of works, report on omissions
- inspect works in progress/ completed and report
- support the carpentry team and subcontractors
- manage and report on deliveries
- confirm dates with appointed subcontractors/ suppliers
- oversee completion of online timesheets for carpenters on site
- organise materials/parts onsite for later use
- daily progress log
- weekly capture and report uploads (360 images, sign-in sheets)
Digital tools provided:
- access to full BIM model on site for information and dimensions
- augmented Reality BIM tool
- 360 Camera – for progress/data capture
- printer onsite for latest drawings
- laptop – for upload/ download from our server
- time tracking software
- online Facit Homes Technical and Construction Wiki – for best practice
- cloud-based reports and schedules (for tracking materials and trades)
- online construction sequence/ programme (maintained by office)
Start date will be approximately 29 June 2020.
You will require your own means of transport to get to site (ideally own vehicle).
Please apply with a covering letter including availability and salary expectations, and CV. We will contact suitable candidates to discuss the position in more detail.