Feix&Merlin Architects is looking for a Part-III architect with two years experience to join its London team.
Feix&Merlin Architects is a creative design studio, working in architecture, interiors and product design, co-founded by Julia Feix and Tarek Merlin in 2006.
We are looking for a confident and friendly architect to join the team at our studio in Peckham.
As a small practice, you will get the chance to take the lead on some of our most exciting projects, dealing directly with clients and contractors, and you will play a vital role in all stages from concept design through to completion.
You will also help shape the way the studio grows, and hopefully become a driving force within the company. We are currently a team of six, and will grow organically as we continue to take on larger more complex projects. Our studio is in the Bussey Building and we share the space with some artists so it’s a very lively, inspiring, collaborative atmosphere.
We have a couple of prestigious projects that we would like to you oversee, including a private members club in central London which goes on site later this year, as well as a few new projects coming in that we would like you to take a lead on.
You will need to have experience in detailing and preparing tender/construction packages, including writing of NBS specifications, as well as working on site and delivering projects to completion. You will need to be well versed in using Vectorworks, Adobe Creative Suite software, all on Apple hardware.
Above all, we are looking for someone who has a passion for delivering projects, someone who is knowledgeable and trustworthy, and enjoys being part of a small design studio.
Experience and skills:
– a Part-III Architect with experience on site, delivering projects to completion
– a genuine interest in construction detailing, and a good knowledge of the UK building regulations
– experience in creating tender packages, construction documents, and writing NBS specifications
– excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English
– excellent cad drafting skills (Vectorworks), good hand sketching ability
– confidence to work independently and take a lead on a project, with the support and direction of the directors
– good organisational, project management and planning skills
– eexperience in leading design team meetings, coordinating with consultants
– a keen eye for detail, and an understanding of how they fit in with the overall project
• Apple Mac OS
• Vectorworks – essential
• Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign and Photoshop.
• Microsoft Office
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and would ideally be available to start in October/November 2017.
Please send submissions, by email only, with a digital copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org max 10MB.
Please include some examples of technical drawings and documents that you personally have created.
Please also provide a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria.
Please set out your salary expectations in the covering letter.
Please mark the subject line with ‘Part-III Application’.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
Senior industrial designer
at Kingfisher PLC
at Weston Williamson + Partners