Feix&Merlin is looking for a project architect to join its studio in Peckham, London.
Feix&Merlin is an award-winning creative design studio, working across architecture and interiors, co-founded by Julia Feix and Tarek Merlin in 2006.
As a small practice, you will get the chance to lead on some of our most exciting projects, dealing directly with clients and contractors, you will play a vital role in all stages from concept design through to completion.
We are currently a team of eight, with additional freelancers, and we will continue to grow organically as we take on larger and more complex projects. You will also help shape the way the studio grows, and hopefully become a driving force within the company, acting as an inspirational figure and mentor to more junior members of the team.
Our studio is in the Bussey Building, Peckham, a big industrial space with lots of other creatives in the building, as well as lots of restaurants and bars in the area.
We have a number of great projects in the studio including two new-build houses in Dulwich and Birmingham, two hotel projects in Hamburg and London, and the refurbishment of Walworth Town Hall, a Grade II-listed heritage building in Walworth that was partially destroyed in a fire in 2015.
Above all, we are looking for someone who will fit in with the little family of talented architects and interior designers we have created. Someone with confidence and character that would enjoy being part of a growing design studio.
Experience and skills
- a project architect with a minimum of two-five years’ hands on-site experience post-Part 3
- experience in delivering large scale refurbishment projects leading the design team meetings and coordination with other consultants
- experience working with listed buildings
- enjoys delivering projects as the project architect/lead designer
- experience in detailing and preparing tender information/construction packages, including the writing of NBS specifications, as well as working on-site and delivering projects to completion
- a genuine interest in construction, and detailing, good knowledge of the UK building regulations
- excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal English
- excellent ability to communicate complex ideas, summarise various options
- excellent CAD drafting skills (Vectorworks), good hand-sketching ability
- confidence to work independently and take a lead on project development but with the support and direction of the directors
- excellent organisational, project management and planning skills
- the ability to take responsibility, work under pressure and to meet project deadlines
- a keen eye for detail, and an understanding of how they fit in with the overall project
- Vectorworks (essential)
- Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and Photoshop (essential)
- Microsoft Office; Excel; Word and Outlook are (essential)
- SketchUp (essential)
- familiar and comfortable using Apple hardware and OS (desirable)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and would ideally be available to start from December 2019.
How to apply:
- please submit applications via the ‘apply’ button below or by direct email
- please include a digital copy of your CV and some examples of technical drawings and documents that you have personally created (up to 10 sides and a maximum of 5MB)
- please also provide a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria, and to set out your salary expectations
- please mark the subject line with ‘project architect’