Feix&Merlin is seeking a mid-weight interior designer to join its team in London.
Feix&Merlin is looking for a confident and friendly mid-weight interior designer to join the team at our studio in the Bussey Building, Peckham.
We are an award-winning creative design studio, working in architecture and interiors, co-founded by Julia Feix & Tarek Merlin in 2006.
As a small practice, you will get the chance to be involved in some of our most exciting projects, dealing directly with clients and contractors, you will play a vital role in all stages from concept design through to completion.
We are currently a team of 10, with additional freelancers, and we will continue to grow organically as we take on larger and more complex projects. You will also help shape the way the studio grows, and hopefully become a driving force within the company, acting as an inspirational figure and mentor to more junior members of the team.
Our studio is in the Bussey Building Peckham, a big industrial space with lots of other creatives in the building, as well as lots of restaurants and bars in the area.
We have a number of great projects in the studio including a new members club in central London, Hotel projects in Hamburg and Amsterdam, two new-build houses in Dulwich and Birmingham, and the refurbishment of Walworth Town Hall, a Grade 2 listed heritage building in Walworth.
Above all, we are looking for someone who will fit in with the little family of talented architects and interior designers we have created. Someone with confidence and character that would enjoy being part of a growing design studio.
Skills and qualifications:
- a mid-weight interior designer with three+ years’ post-qualification experience of commercial, hotel and residential projects
- experience in liaising directly with clients and coordinating with other consultants, specialists and suppliers
- ability to interpret a creative vision and implement into design concepts/ideas, and then presenting to others
- confidence in attending site meetings on behalf of the company and the client, reporting to senior designer or director
- strong attention to detail with good organisational skills, working well under pressure juggling different tasks with various deadlines, and budgets
- ability to take ownership of projects, working independently and effectively to prioritise daily workload
- experience in custom joinery, furniture, lighting and fixed finishes as part of producing technical packages and detailed drawings
- experience in commenting on both contractor and architects/consultants’ drawings and specifications
- experience in FF&E, sourcing, coordination and scheduling, along with a good knowledge of industry trends
- excellent communication skills, in both written and verbal English
- willingness to lead and mentor other team members and to help develop their abilities as designers
- interest in architectural elements and technical drawings
- Vectorworks (essential)
- Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign and Photoshop (essential)
- Microsoft Office; Excel; Word and Outlook are (essential)
- SketchUp (essential)
- familiar and comfortable using Apple hardware and OS (desirable)
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and would ideally be available to start in May 2020
How to apply:
- please send submissions, by email only, with a digital copy of your CV using the ‘apply’ link below max 10MB
- please include some examples of technical drawings and documents that you personally have created
- please also provide a covering letter outlining how you meet the criteria
- please set out your salary expectations in the covering letter
- please mark the subject line with ‘mid-weight application’
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom