FGP Atelier is looking for a Part 3 architect/senior project designer to join its team in Chicago, US and Mexico City.
Background on firm
FGP Atelier was founded on September 1 of 2017 in the west loop of Chicago. Recent works include towers, stadiums, master plans, university research facilities, corporate headquarters, historic renovations and retail spaces.
Under the leadership of Francisco Gonzalez Pulido, FGP Atelier’s mission is to contribute to social and economic advancement through the alignment of design, science and technology.
FGP Atelier builds on logic, intuition, multidisciplinary collaboration, scientific research and work experience to design active spaces, infrastructure and urban networks that respond to atmosphere, ecology, comfort, economy, culture and the technological context.
FGP Atelier believes in experience over typology and stands for the dissolution of archetypical interventions.
We value transparency, openness and freedom in both our process and collaborations, as well as in the buildings and spaces that we create.
Overview of position
FGP Atelier is looking for experienced architects to join our studios in Chicago as well as Mexico City.
Talented, motivated, ambitious and creative architects with ten plus years’of professional architectural experience are invited to submit their CV and portfolio.
Our broad design interests require broadly skilled team members. Applicants should be experienced in all facets and phases of design and should be comfortable developing both conceptual design proposals and technical details. The successful application will develop solutions and create project designs and plans. They will initiates and create project designs and plans of all phases of one or more project and will have responsibility for preparing presentation and design drawings. They will coordinate all trades and agencies related to building design while monitoring drawings. They will have experience in all phases of architecture and engineering, including substantial and varied experience in project planning.
Skills and qualifications
- professional degree in architecture from an accredited institution
- ten plus years’ of professional experience across all phases of design from concept through construction documentation
- licensed architects preferred
- proven leadership capabilities, communication skills, and coordination capacity
- production capacity and graphic assembly
- team management
- strong design and aesthetic sense with the ability to develop and communicate design concepts
- a technically proficient problem solver able to develop design concepts into innovative building solutions
- proficient Spanish or Chinese speaker a plus
Advanced ability in the following programs is required:
- Adobe Creative Suite
Professional experience in the following programs is preferred:
- 3D printing and digital fabrication
We are seeking to fill positions immediately.