59 Productions is hiring an architectural designer/stage/spatial designer to join its practice in London.
Report to: head of architecture
Salary band: 27,000-33,000 per annum
Application deadline: Tuesday 16 July 2019 at 10:00am
First round interviews will take place on Wednesday 24 July.
59 Productions is an Olivier and Tony Award-winning company of artists that makes imaginative work for audiences of all kinds. The company’s designers, writers, directors, architects, animators, visual artists and technologists come together to expand their practice and create exciting and innovative work.
59 Productions are world-leading specialists in design for stage and live events, the go-to team for generating creative and technical ideas to realise ambitious artistic projects. All of 59’s work is unified by a singular desire to combine art and technology to tell amazing stories.
A key member of the design team, working across all phases of a project, supporting the development of designs for theatrical stage sets, exhibitions, installations, VR experiences and pavilions and working in collaboration with all departments at 59 Productions.
- discussing the design brief with the projects’ creative lead to develop design-led responses for pitches and briefs
- working with the creative lead to take projects from concept through to delivery
- responding to the design brief using 3D modelling, drafting and sketching and preparing presentations to illustrate design ideas
- presenting and discussing design concepts and ideas with the 59 Productions team and being part of the internal design discussions, reviews and critical feedback process
- attend client-facing design meetings
- be part of the ongoing creative dialogue, skills-exchange and learning environment within the design studio
- a Part 2 architectural assistant with a minimum of one years’ industry experience, or a stage/spatial designer with equivalent industry experience
- a highly creative and responsive design approach
- be able to illustrate a true interest in narratively-led design
- expert in Rhino or other 3D modelling software, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- able to work across multiple projects at once, make decisions under pressure and work to deadlines
- a proven ability and willingness to work as part of a broad team across different disciplines
Please submit your CV, portfolio and cover letter using the ‘apply’ link below.