Figure/Ground Architects is seeking experienced Part 2/3 architects to join its team in London.
Figure/Ground Architects is an award-winning, design-driven practice with an exciting range of projects moving forward. We are looking for talented, ambitious architects who share our passion for creating high quality buildings and places.
The successful candidates will be qualified Part 3 architects or experienced Part 2 architectural assistants demonstrating superior technical knowledge and a keen interest in detailing, along with a track record of delivering projects through all RIBA work stages.
What we expect from you:
- a genuinely collaborative approach to working as part of a team
- exceptional communication and organisational skills
- a proven ability to form strong relationships with clients, consultants and contractors
- flexibility, nimbleness and a willingness to pitch in when needs must
- contagious enthusiasm and a sense of humour
- critical thinking and conceptual rigour
- a positive work ethic
- excellent spoken and written English
- experience in producing comprehensive tender and working drawings packages – including NBS specifications
- a comprehensive understanding of UK planning and regulatory frameworks
- Revit and MicroStation proficiency
- aptitude with graphics software (Adobe Creative Suite, et cetera) and the ability to draw beautifully by hand
What you can expect from us:
- a friendly and flexible workplace
- the opportunity to progress and challenge yourself
- support in developing your skills and experience
- openness to new ideas
- interesting projects to work on
- intelligent debate
- a competitive salary based on experience
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to work in a small practice delivering significant projects, we want to hear from you.
Applicants for this position should have immediate availability.
Figure/Ground Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
Please use the ‘apply’ link below to send us a cover letter explaining why you are the right person for this job along with your CV and a concise portfolio showing your best work. Please note that we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.