Finkernagel Ross is looking for a senior interior designer to join its practice in London.
Situated on Shoreditch High Street, and with over 15 years’ experience in architecture, we are expanding our business with an interior design arm, incorporating all aspects of interior architecture (residential and commercial), bespoke lighting design, procurement, bespoke furniture design as well as landscape and garden design.
We are now looking for an experienced, motivating and inspiring leader from an established practice to continue to develop a forward-thinking and exciting design practice. The position will be challenging but the right candidate will view it as an opportunity to help establish something special.
Under the creative direction of the director, the new team member will take responsibility for the design and day to day management of multiple projects and will:
- have the ability to work with clients and designers to understand the scope of the project, programme and budgets
- be able to develop concepts and ideas relevant to the pre-agreed brief and present these to clients
- be an effective and efficient manager of all ID projects
- report on the status of the department at weekly intervals and prepare regular reports showing any variance to budget, estimated shipping dates and cash flow forecasts
- be responsible for ensuring the ID department meets its financial and productivity targets
- negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best possible price and terms
- have responsibility for the accuracy, quality and timely delivery of customer specifications and orders
- handle the day to day HR, training requirements and management of interior designers and junior designers
- be client-facing with a strong focus on all aspects of customer service
- creative with a passion for interior design
- self-motivated, driven and proactive problem solver
- exceptional organisational, communication and interpersonal skills, strong record-keeping skills
- attention to detail
- the ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- the ability to work well in a team and confidently as an individual
- five or more years’ experience in high-end residential interiors working with the most discernible clients
- strong technical drawing skills in AutoCAD, InDesign and Photoshop
- strong design skills with excellent ability to produce presentation visualisations
- solid negotiator and networker
- experience of logistics and warehousing
- ability to source and manage suppliers
- Microsoft Office applications
- SketchUp, EstiPC, or studio designer
We offer a nurturing and stimulating workplace with a full CPD structure in place, regular design reviews and office outings. Within a friendly atmosphere we expect everyone to succeed to their best ability and thrive to deliver excellent design and service to our clients. Being a small practice with aspirations to grow this position offers a unique opportunity for the right candidate to advance his or her career.
To apply for this position please send (by post or email) your CV (max. two pages) with four A4 examples of your work demonstrating the above criteria to Catherine Finkernagel, using the ‘apply’ link below.
Or by post:
221-222 Shoreditch High Street