Fiona Barratt Interiors is looking for a mid-weight interior architect to join its team in London.
The interior architect will be either educated with an applicable degree, or diploma. A minimum of four years’ experience working in a professional design studio.
The interior architect will report to the director and senior designer who will direct and supervise the work as well as mentor performance and development.
They should bring to the group an enthusiasm and willingness to learn that helps the group and their colleagues provide the first-class service our clients expect, working on these high-end residential and commercial design projects with confident in a client facing role.
This is a full-time position based in our Pimlico Road studio. All candidates should be eligible to work in the UK.
The mid-weight interior architect will possess the following skills:
- working quickly and efficiently in an organised manner
- ability to work as part of a team and independently under the supervision of the senior designer
- strong technical skills and the ability to produce all interior architectural drawings at a high level of detail and accuracy alongside schedules
- producing and overseeing interior fit-out drawings. Working on bespoke joinery, elevations, plans, sections, RCPs
- site surveys and being a point of call for architects and contractors
- heavy client and contractor facing with high involvement in client meetings
- good working knowledge of UK planning rules and regulations
- good knowledge of AutoCAD, ESTIPC, Adobe Creative Suite range including Photoshop, and InDesign with the ability to produce quality technical and production drawings
- 3D capabilities are an advantageous but not necessary
- visiting site and assisting in construction supervision
- exceptional attention to detail and innovative problem-solving skills
- fluent in English with excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- travel internationally for projects when required
In addition to the duties which this position normally entails there may from time to time be additional or other duties as necessary to meed the needs of the group.