Fiona Barratt Interiors is looking for a procurement assistant to join its team in London.
The procurement assistant will have a minimum of two to three years’ post-graduation experience gained preferably working within UK (preferably London) or international markets on various scale residential and commercial projects.
Reporting to senior designers and, or studio director who will direct and supervise the work as well as continue to mentor professional development.
They should bring to the group a level of expertise that helps provide the first-class service our clients expect, working on these high-end residential and commercial design projects with confident in a client facing role.
The procurement assistant will possess the following skills:
- oversee and develop the procurement processes, managing documentation, negotiation and coordination with suppliers
- prepare client packs to present with all items procured including certificates and warranties
- prepare initial FF&E budgets and manage projects within schedule and budget. Also track and carry out all admin for orders, organising storage, etc.
- liaise and coordinate with design and sales staff and line managers on related projects
- liaise with the accounts department with financial updates for procurement
- coordinating management, delivery and installation of FF7E for all projects and clients
- prepare commercial invoices for purposes of import duty into foreign territories
- ensure all procurement documentation is accurate and filed appropriately and expediently in the correct formation and location both hard and soft copy
- report back on project procurement issues to all relevant line managers
- carry our quality control for new and existing suppliers
In addition to the duties which this position normally entails there may from time to time be additional or other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the group.
- you will be an excellent communicator to be able to liaise across design and sales teams and negotiate best terms with suppliers
- knowledge of Microsoft Office and EstiPC are essential for this role
- knowledge of interior design is also desirable
- the successful candidate must have excellent time management skills and be a natural problem solver
- have a professional work and phone manner
- this role would suit someone who works well under pressure and can remain calm with tight deadlines
- the ideal person should have a flexible and helpful attitude