Fisher Morrison has an opportunity for a furniture maker in West Sussex, UK.
We are a small independent company focused on furniture and interior fit-outs. Founded on many years within the architectural industry we are driven by simplicity and function producing hand made unique and small batch production pieces. Current projects include a range of domestic furniture, kitchen, bathroom cabinetry, garden furniture and structures. All are designed and made within our modern, well-equipped studio and workshop in the heart of the South Downs. We are looking for an experienced pair of hands and someone who is passionate about contemporary design.
- the main focus of this role will be making furniture, working from plans or sketches, with a high standard of finish
- you will be required to complete furniture projects from prototype to installation, bringing your skills and experience to the workshop
- safety and a tidy working environment are essential and you will need to prioritise your work to meet deadlines
- must be able to interpret CAD drawings
- good knowledge of machinery and materials associated with the industry
- strong foundation of furniture construction techniques
- strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to achieve a high finish in your making
- must be confident working independently and part of a small team
- excellent communication skills and ability to liaise with suppliers and clients
- knowledge of 3D design software would be advantageous
- rural location means own transport is essential
- stunning rural location and well equipped, modern workshop
- this is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to play a key role within a growing local business
- dog-friendly workshop!
Please provide a cv with photographs of relevant work. Salary would be commensurate with experience.