FormRoom has an opportunity for a head of design to join its team in London.
Formroom is a global leader of design, collaborating with world class brands in the hospitality, retail and commercial industries.
The work we create must be inspiring, memorable and original.
For our clients, we want to be their trusted brand guardian across all touchpoints, specifically within IRL brand identity and spaces.
As a team, we want to inspire and support each other to create incredible work and show passion whilst we’re doing it. We always have each other’s backs, no matter what.
We’re searching for a head of design to lead and inspire our award winning creative team.
You’ll need to come from a strong interior design background (as thats the majority of our design projects) and have accomplished creative and technical design ability, confidently managing multiple projects/teams from concept to completion on a global scale. This must include insight and strategy development, sketching, strong 3D visualisation and design detail drawing for retail and hospitality brands. Brand communications experience would be preferred but not essential.
You will play a vital role in the pitching for and winning of new business, alongside being part of a senior leadership team helping to define our overall company strategy. Experience in developing high quality presentations (both visual and verbal) is vital.
With multiple creative projects running simultaneously, you will ultimately be responsible for the creative output of the team, making sure we deliver the best outcomes for our clients. Having direct contact with our clients, you will ensure the creative is successfully received and work alongside the project management team to safeguard the viability and quality of the final outcome.
You will nurture and develop the creative team in both a creative and professional development, inspiring their creativity and nurturing their growth.
*This is a creative role for a hands-on, experienced commercial interior designer*
*Full list of responsibilities, activities, and key tasks can be sent on request*
- interior design experience retail and/or hospitality (over seven years)
- client-facing and pitching
- advanced technical skills (Adobe Creative, Vectorworks, Cinema4D + VRay, AutoCAD)
- brand strategy and communications (graphics and digital)
- team leadership
- project management
- excellent knowledge of materials and manufacturing (industry specific)
- site fit-out experience
- architecture/design agency
- understanding of planning policies and UK building guidelines
- a degree/similar qualifications/experience in an appropriate field
- First Aid at Work certificate
- a passionate and confident leader, able to inspire and influence at all levels
- highly creative and original design direction
- a strategic designer, able to support concepts with context and confidence
- emotionally intelligent leader, able to nurture and develop talent
- driven and proactive problem solver
- genuine passion for retail/hospitality design industry, trends and technology
- business/financial awareness and interest
- strong time management and prioritisation skills
- language skills (Mandarin/Arabic/Spanish/French/German/Russian) advantageous
- annual performance bonus
- professional training budget
- hybrid working
- 1 month fully paid sabbatical (after three years of employment)