Foster + Partners is looking for a 3D artist to join its London team.
Location: Battersea, South West London
We have an extremely exciting opportunity for an outstanding 3D artist to join our industry leading team. You will create 3D digital artwork using 3D Studio Max, V-Ray, Corona Render and Photoshop. Previous architectural experience would be a benefit or the confidence that you can apply your skills to drawing buildings and characters to a photo realistic standard to tell a visual story. Experience of architectural drawing and digital illustration are essential. You will join a team of outstanding artists focused on the quality of an image and its power to tell a story. You will work with our art director Narinder Sagoo to develop your skills and excel in an environment that encourages creativity, originality and flare.
- to assist in the creation of 3D digital artwork depicting proposals for company buildings or products
- to render visuals and drawings from conceptual art to full presentation digital artwork using Photoshop, 3D Studio Max and other applications where appropriate
- assist in the maintenance and documentation of illustration standards such as working methods, animation libraries and archiving of final digital images
- to assist in a team responsible for the presentation of 3D digital artwork for the vast majority of the company’s competitions and design projects
- strong portfolio of artwork, both digital and manual
- sketchbooks and original work to be presented at interview
- able to demonstrate ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- must have an advanced proficiency in 3D Studio Max, V-Ray, Corona and Adobe Photoshop
- knowledge of InDesign, SketchUp and Illustrator would be desirable
- a three dimensional and spatial understanding of buildings including shadow and light
- a good understanding of scale and compositional techniques relating to the virtual environment
- to have knowledge and understanding of compositional techniques, atmospheric and emotional storytelling
- be familiar with methods of digital artwork production and printing processes
- excellent organisational skills and time management
- able to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
- good interpersonal skills and able to communicate with a range of people
If you would like to be considered for the position please apply online with an up to date CV and portfolio. Applications without portfolios will not be considered.