Foster + Partners is looking for a modelmaker to join its team in London.
Foster + Partners, the internationally acclaimed architectural practice, are looking for modelmakers to join their talented team in London. This position is responsible for producing high quality models, prototypes and mock-ups and be involved in the preparation of exhibitions and presentation material. There will be a requirement to be able to work independently and as a part of an effective team. The position requires a high degree of responsibility, discretion and confidentiality.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- ability to run small to medium size projects independently as instructed by modelshop partners and/or workshop managers
- assist with preparing exhibitions and presentations offsite as instructed by modelshop partners and/or workshop managers
- assist sketch model technician when required
- assist with unloading and promptly storing deliveries of materials to the workshop
- to contribute, or otherwise assist, as required
Qualities and skills required
- qualified to a minimum HND level, preferably degree level, in relevant subject area or equivalent industry experience
- able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy and ability of model making skills
- able to demonstrate a good knowledge of workshop machinery to include circular saw, band saw, pillar drill, sanding disc, laser cutter, lathe and mill – CNC or Manual
- able to understand architectural drawings and quickly decipher relevant information required
- good level of 2D CAD skills required
- basic level of 3D CAD skills required
In order to be part of this award-winning practice, please apply with an up-to-date CV and portfolio applications without portfolios will not be considered, to:
You must sign in to apply for this position.
at Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
Senior rapid prototyping technician
at Foster + Partners