Frame Projects is looking for a practice manager to join its team in London.
About Frame Projects
Frame Projects is a London based, design focused, project management consultancy. We are leading experts in design review – providing independent expert advice to clients, design teams and planning authorities on development proposals.
We are looking for a practice manager with experience in architecture and / or design related workplaces to support our busy team. This will involve working closely with the director and senior staff, to ensure the smooth operation of the business, and create an enjoyable working environment for staff.
We think this is a three-day-per-week role, with a mix of working from home, and from our canal side office between Angel and Old Street.
General office administration:
- arranging team meetings, including producing agendas and notes
- monitoring office supplies, stationery and equipment
- maintaining and reviewing subscriptions, bills and insurances
- organising office related social events
- liaising with external accountants/payroll provider
- paying consultancy invoices
- responsibility for petty cash
- staff expenses
Contracts and insurance:
- liaising with professional indemnity insurer
- assisting the director in negotiating contracts
- tracking consultancy contract dates
- liaising with external IT support
- assisting with improvements to our IT systems
- fielding and fixing basic IT issues and queries
- welcoming new starters
- annual update of our staff handbook
- monitoring annual leave and sick leave
- organising work experience placements
- organising staff gifts when required
Health and safety:
- being the consultancy’s first aider and fire marshal
- carrying out risk assessments
- ensuring the consultancy is compliant
- experience in a similar role, preferably at a design consultancy
- excellent organisational skills
- strong communicator
- high standard of written and spoken English
- experience of financial administration
- proactive and logical approach to problem-solving
- ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads
- experience negotiating contracts
- interest in architecture and urban design
- knowledge of Adobe InDesign would be an advantage
Please submit a CV (max. four pages A4) and a supporting statement (max. one page A4) outlining your reasons for applying and experience relevant to the role.