Fran Hickman invites five+ years experienced Part-III architects to apply for a senior position as head of architecture within our studio based in London.
Fran Hickman’s interior and architectural design studio was founded in 2014. Driven by a profound belief in the power of design to shape how people feel, our work is underpinned by a clear understanding of the critical role that built environments play in daily life. Our objective is not just to make spaces feel special but to make people feel special in them.
An award-winning and fast paced growing studio, we are working on exciting projects from high-end retail and office spaces through food and beverage to residential developments and private homes all around the world.
This is a great opportunity to join our passionate and dynamic team and contribute to the growth of our successful Studio.
Core responsibilities will include:
- managing a team of three architects and working alongside the interior design team
- preparation of reports and drawings for planning applications
- undertaking feasibility studies
- preparation of detailed drawings, specifications and schedules suitable for building control, tender and construction using AutoCAD or equivalent CAD programme
- design, detail and execute fast tracked projects with ease
Essential qualification and skills required:
- UK architectural Part-III diploma
- five+ years’ experience in both commercial and residential projects
- ability to work as part of a team and independently
- positive, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- strong initiative to complete projects deadlines
- strong conceptual design/thinking
- sound knowledge of current UK planning and building regulation procedures
- clear understanding of materials, both traditional and new
- proficiency on Apple Macs using AutoCAD (or equivalent CAD programme), InDesign, Photoshop, Grasshopper, Rhino, Sketch Up, CGI, Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- working with high accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- excellence at problem solving and ability to overcome architectural and technical problems
- outstanding organisational and time management skills and ability to switch between projects and tasks effectively
- excellent communications skills and fluency in both written and spoken English
How to apply
Please send your CV, cover letter (stating salary expectation and availability) and a portfolio spanning a variety of different sectors, and projects at all stages of the RIBA plan of work.
Salary will be determined on an individual basis for the relevant amount of experience and ability to fulfil the needs of the role.
Fran Hickman Design & interiors is an equal opportunities employer.